Producing Table Olives
42.1% of respondents are actively producing table olives and 5.5% are considering producing table olives.
Farmgate prices Table Olives Bulk
Farmgate prices Table Olives Prepackaged
Farmgate prices Table Olives Fresh Fruit
Knowing more about Table Olives
Respondents stated they wanted to know more about:
- Curing processes including “Pickling” green olives
- Something appropriate for my area in WA and conditions
- All aspects
- Can vacuum seal olives in marinade contain garlic
- Small scale (100-500kg/hr) sorting equipment that is economically priced
- Best methods and amount of water per tree with drip irrigation, weed control, improved yield, labor shortages and costs
- Support on how to best prepare and manage a small table olive production system
- This is a huge growth area for us. We learnt a lot at the last conference which answered all our concerns and we will apply to next year’s crop – after that year I am sure we will have more questions.
- Yes MANZANILLO as they soften easily in brine unless green
- Chemistry, reactions in barrels, ph and end targets to meet to get consistent quality.
- buyers want perfect looking fruit which is very hard to achieve
- Yes all of them from start to finish.
- Best varieties for my area
- I would like to know more ways of producing a variety of styles and flavours.
- Continually finding out more about the preservation of table olives and the various packaging environments
- Cause and effect of spoilage.Processing / Maturation
- Best methods for producing fine table olives consistently
- Recipes for producing table olives.
0 thoughts on “Australian Olive Industry Survey: Table Oil Pricing Benchmark ~ Part 12”