Olive & Olive Oil Competitions
30.95% of respondents perceive olive and olive oil competitions as valuable.
40% of respondents enter their product(s) into olive and olive oil competitions.
Consumer questions respondents didn’t know how to answer
- The best I ever got was: “Do you have any banana-flavoured oil?”
- A lot!
- The issue of olive oil being/not being suitable for frying at high temperatures.
- What oleocanthal value does your oil have?
- Mostly the chemical analyses type questions
- Aust standards logo
- Exactly how many olives did it take to make a bottle of oil ?—(You can answer that one)
- Are imported olive oil products really evoo?
- why so expensive compared to supermarket
- Have been able to answer all questions
- Have handled all questions so far
- Who is going to win the US election?
- Have been able to answer them all so far
- Is it any good?
- I haven’t been able to tell them that the oil is extra virgin because I don’t have it tested. Because of our small volumes it is not worth it, we always sell it all anyway. I am not sure if I had the acidity test kit that it would confirm the oil is extra virgin or if I have to send it away to be tested.
- Always is it first pressed and extra virgin…they seem to know these terms but little else
0 thoughts on “Australian Olive Industry Survey: Olive & EVOO Competitions ~ Part 15”