43% of Grove owners also process their own olives. 14.6% are seeking to expand or include a production facility.
Boundary Bend has a processing capacity of 98T/hr.
Olive or Olive Oil Production
The majority of production (62.9%) is olive oil.
- Value adding production sourced from other groves
- Plant Nursery
- The olives are a side line to cereal crops
- Olive Oil exporter and promoter
- We make EVOO, table olives and beauty products
- Investor in processing
- Trees have produced in the past, but not any more. If the issues in Q.36 were overcome, we would be producing both oil and fresh fruit.
- Producer of olives, oil and provider of services to other producers
75% of respondents have their own brand and do not sell their product wholesale.
36% only sell their product wholesale only.
Production cost of Australian olive oil
Costs of production varied from $3/L to $15/L. The average of respondents is $6.12/L.
Almost 50% of respondents answered this question.