Diversity of Product Packaging
The most common package sizes are 500mL, 250mL & 20L.
Supply Chain Issues
56% respondents don’t have any issues with supply chains.
The respondents who answered no:
- Yes,yes,and yes
- Price received – always want lower wholesale prices.
- Inability to compete with imported product.
- Bulk price too low. Payment terms for bulk EVOO are unacceptable. It takes 6-12 months to receive payments for bulk EVOO.
- Bottle unavailability
- As mentioned above, the price received from sales to restaurants is low. There are also always some customers that need chasing up for payment.
- Price Received
- Payment needs to be effected even before the oil can reach destination. A reasonable delay between purchase and distribution offered by short term bank loans would help
- We have only just started. So far – we have had pay on delivery. NO consignment. Profits are poor and thus we are expecting to meet this gap through beauty products and accommodation.
- All listed
- Cash on delivery
- larger retailers are generally slower payers
- we are in an international agricultural commodity market and are thus affected by currency valuation, overseas markets and other competing cooking oils
- Everything is COD
- Profitability is low for EVOO- very small profit margin.
- Slow payments from distributors causing a flow on effect
- Issue is our very low volume of product which means low gross income.
- What….apart from actually having customers pay within agreed time???
- Minimal bad debts (2 small restaurants in Broome fell over 5 years ago). None bad since.
- Have given credit to shaky purchaser of large order in SA, covered with company and directors’ guarantees.